Secret Key: Black Out Pore Tightening Mask

11/11/2016

Hi Everyone!!  I am here to review the Black Out Pore Tightening Mask by Secret Key! 
This mask is used to fight blackheads, whiteheads, and excess sebum while minimizing your pores! 


For the longest time I have had issues with blackheads and enlarged pores that I decided to give this clay mask a try and in all honesty, my problems still haven't gone away.

Let me start of with a quick description about the product.


The package comes in this black box that describes the ingredients and instructions on the back. 

The ingredients are:

  • Black Charcoal
  • Black Sugar
  • Black Garlic
  • Black Bean
  • Black Sesame
  • White Clay (kaolin)
  • Rice Extract

Essentially, the black ingredients help with cleaning out pores and getting rid of dirt, sebum, blackheads, etc. While the white ingredients, kaolin and rice, help brighten your skin.

On the package, the directions say to spread the clay mask all over your face, avoiding the eye and mouth area, and wait 5 to 10 minutes for the clay to harden. Then wash your face with warm water. 



Now the inside of the mask looks like this^

The consistency is similar to other clay masks that I have used in the past. The mask is thick and creamy, but easy to spread around your face. It definitely has a strong smell and I found that it doesn't irritate me once I use it on my face. 

The mask is best used after cleansing and toning your face. I have used this mask for about a solid two and a half months and haven't seen any results regarding my blackhead issue. All the mask did for me is tighten my skin. Since the mask does harden up, my skin tightened up pretty well, but the purpose of the mask was to remove blackheads and shrink pores which I didn't see. 

On the positive side, after ten minutes of applying the mask I noticed dark spots around my nose and forehead. For those that don't know, my nose and forehead area are very oily compared to the rest of my face and I realized that the dark spots that appeared on the mask were excess oil! After washing off the mask, I was happy to find my skin squeaky clean. 


Although my initial expectations were not met, I found an alternative benefit for using this mask. I still have blackhead issues, but for the most part the mask removed the oil off my skin. Surprisingly, the mask did not irritate or dry out my skin considering the amount of oil it removed. 

I am almost finished with the product as of now and personally, I would not repurchase this as the main purpose of the mask was not effective for my skin. The only benefit I found from this product was removing excess oil on my skin, but the cleansers that I use do just the same.  

Overall, I would not recommend this product for those dealing with blackheads and large pores, but for anyone with oily skin I would definitely recommend. Since the mask does tighten up your skin, I would even suggest this on aging skin.

If you would like to buy this product, you can buy it here on Amazon for $9.90. 

If you use my code: YUGA3290N on the Amazon app you can get $5 off your first purchase!!

Enjoy!!

Disclaimer: This review reflects my own thoughts and opinions; I am not sponsored or payed to review this product.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Check out my tumblr

Contact Form